Email Marketing for Beginners
In recent years, many have jumped on the internet bandwagon trying to establish themselves online. They have set up various websites promoting different products. When you break their internet businesses down, you will find that the big time marketers all rely on email marketing.
Think about how many people may leave a website after visiting it for the first time without buying a single product?
According to statistics, it mentions that on average only 1% of website visitors make a purchase on the first visit no matter how interested they are.
So for beginner marketers, it is wise for them to make use of email marketing.
Even though there are plenty of low cost and free marketing techniques, you will have to expend plenty of time to maximize your marketing efforts. One of the most popular ways of advertising a business is email marketing.
Email can be a powerful marketing tool, if you know what you’re doing. No one likes to have spam fill their inbox, and in the United States, spam is illegal, with the Federal Trade Commission going after major spammers.
Rather than spamming millions of email addresses, build a list of customers and prospective customers and market to them.
Here, you will learn and know effective email marketing tips for beginners.
Set up your squeeze page
A squeeze page is going to be a special web page designed exclusively to pull in people to your email list. Ever run into those pages requiring you to enter your name and email address in exchange for a free report or some kind of other incentive?
That is what you should also make use of. This will allow you to stay in contact with interested people so that you can later pitch a sale to them. Just think about it like this, only 100 people may land on your web page.
Out of those 100 people, only 1% might take your offer. If you can build a list of 500 or more people who you can send to your web page at a given time, you stand to make 5 sales instead of just one.
Never email your list too much
This is a big problem amongst beginner email marketers. They get excited after getting a few sales from building their list of email names and addresses. From there, they start to send promotion after promotion thinking that this will continue to generate sales just like it did the first time.
What many fail to realize is that they are killing their list and turning people away slowly by doing this. Focus on dishing out valuable content every now and then, while later promoting your website or some type of product to them.
Use your Email as a Marketing Tool
You can use your email as a marketing tool in a variety of ways. For instance, you can create an ezine filled with valuable niche content that your list can actually use.
Or, you can send out emails announcing your newest service or product. The key is to make your emails something your list wants and to ensure those emails are not marked as spam.
Email marketing can be somewhat of a challenge because of the prevalence of spam filters in email programs today.
• The key to successfully promoting your business with email marketing is to ensure the emails you’re sending out will not be flagged as spam. The easiest and best way to ensure you are not sending spam is to enlist the help of a service that scans emails to determine whether or not they will be flagged as spam.
• To avoid having your email marked as spam, avoid such blacklisted words as “buy now” and “free”. But, even if you avoid such words that are considered spam, make sure you use a paid or free service to ensure your emails are spam free.
• Always remember that not everyone has high speed internet access. Therefore, if you are sending out HTML emails, your dialup customers may find the email download takes far too long and won’t take the time to read your email. So, make sure your list has the choice between receiving HTML and plain text emails.
• Email marketing can be extremely effective, but don’t overdo it. Only email your list periodically. Once a week, every 2 weeks, or once a month. If you inundate email inboxes with emails, you’re only going to annoy those people on your list. In addition to this, ensure you personalize each email by using the list member’s name in the heading and even in the body of the email.
• Finally, email marketing can be a hugely successful method of promotion. If you send directed emails only to those people who have given you permission to email them. The last thing you want is to establish a reputation as a spammer.
Emails Marketing Tools
One of the dimensions of online marketing is email marketing. It is important for beginners who want to earn money online, to know that email marketing is as simple as composing a letter and sending it to everybody’s inbox.
Even this is the case, email marketing remains to be a very powerful business promotion technique in as much as email addresses remain to be people’s private virtual edifice on the World Wide Web.
When it comes to email marketing, it is fundamental that the sent mails are not thrown in the spams of recipients or also known as bulk mails. This is where the disadvantage of free mail hosting comes in.
Websites offering free email hosting are suspicious in the eyes of email software programs, systems and servers
Paid email service companies offer a wide range of email marketing tools in as much as they ensure high-speed mail delivery and low to zero rate of bouncing mails. Marketing tools include evaluation programs that assess actual purchases, demographic data, periodic market campaigns, volume requests, and a lot more.
In order to take your business to the next level, it is important to know email marketing very well and use a good email service provider.
Below is a list of some of the popular email service providers;
I hope this post was helpful. Please leave a comment.