Many people turn online nowadays to look for work for many reasons. Many companies have adapted to this demand for work from home jobs and are providing increasingly more jobs in this category.
Among these companies is Amazon. Amazon is known by many as a retail giant but that is not all they are. They are a major employer in the US and around the world.
Amazon employs nearly 92,000 employees around the world. The company has offered full-time, part-time, seasonal, and remote job opportunities in the past. Amazon offers a variety of jobs and a good number of them are work from home jobs.
Amazon maintains a work-from-home program designed to cater to international candidates eager and qualified to work remotely.
Amazon is the largest online retailer in the world. Founder and CEO Jeff Bezos, who incorporated Amazon in 1994 as an online bookstore, continues to serve as its chairman and president.
Pros of working online for Amazon
- Overtime is offered and employees get discounts on purchases
- Full time opportunities are available with benefits
- You can work from the comfort of your home
- There are a lot of available opportunities
- Pay is ok
- Excellent benefits and flexible schedule
- Equipment is provided
- Managers are supportive
- Friendly & positive team environment.
- The training needs some improvement in certain areas
- The work is super fast pace and can be very stressful
- The pay is not very great especially for the customer service positions.
- It can be hard to help a customer with technical problems after day hours as there are very few managers available at that time.
- When you work full time you could have to work mandatory overtime and work almost all holidays. This makes for a poor work life balance.
- There are very poor advancement opportunities
Amazon offers a jam packed two weeks training for most of its employees both seasonal and full time.
The training involves taking many test in a KNET via virtual cartoon demos/questions. After two weeks of watching slides and videos remotely from home, trainee goes live with customers.
From what I have gathered, the seasonal work is very stressful as many customers are stressed up about the holidays and have some unrealistic expectations.
Amazon considers your performance before upgrading you to full time. If it is poor, they won’t consider you. If you are hired full time, you will get some of the best benefits ever and the work will be a lot less stressful.
Most reviewers indicate that they enjoy working for Amazon. Many of them complain that the training is not sufficient and the pay could be better.
Many customer service representative say the job is very stressful especially during the holiday season.
Full time employees enjoy a generous benefit package and a somewhat flexible schedule.
For more information about amazon work from home jobs click here.
If you are interested in starting your own online business, click here to Join Wealthy affiliate for free and learn how.