Many companies and businesses have come to realize that optimizing keywords is crucial to the success of their websites, and this has led to an explosion in the keyword research industry. So, it is no shock that internet giant, Google, has also joined in the excitement with their AdWords Keyword Planner tool.
There are now so many tools out there that can be used to get lucrative keywords. Websites can then target and build their effective online marketing campaign or search engine optimization (SEO) around these keywords.
Previously, Google used to have two different tools namely; Google Keyword Tool and AdWords Traffic Estimator. However, Google has now combined the features, functionalities and strengths of both of these tools into a single Google Adwords Keyword Planner Tool.
This tool is far more robust than the former Google Keyword Tool. Granted, both are similar in a lot of ways, but the Keyword Planner sure has more tricks and functionalities in store. For instance, you do not require an AdWords account to be able to access it. You only need a Gmail account.
Secondly, the alternative keyword phrases are not limited to just 100 as is the case with the Keyword Tool. The Keyword Planner is capable of churning out well over 500 alternatives for each search query. These are just a couple of obvious improvements, but there are so many other ways that Google has improved on its keyword research tool.
This AdWords tool is completely free, and can help you research ideas for keywords and ad groups. With it, you can also check the expected performance of a group of keywords, form new key phrases by mixing different keyword lists together, as well as select competitive budgets and bids to make use of in your campaigns. Here is a complete review of Google Adwords Keyword Planner to give you more information about this free and practical tool.
COST AND PRICING
The Google Keyword Planner tool is totally free of charge. Also, while technically speaking, it is an AdWords tool, it is not compulsory that you have an AdWords account to be able to log in and make use of this wonderful keyword research tool. All that is required is that you have a Google account (or Gmail account).
You just have to fill in your Google details, and then you are all set to access and use this free tool. Additionally, you do not also have to pay for any AdWords advertising deals just to begin using the Google Keyword Planner. You just go right ahead. It’s a gift from Google to you.
GOOGLE KEYWORD PLANNER FEATURES
There are three major options or features that you can select on the Google Keyword Planner that can greatly aid your keyword research struggles. The very first thing is that the tool permits you to search for ideas on keywords and ad groups.
If you are looking for the usual method of searching for keywords, this is the feature that will help you. Additionally, Google also makes ad group suggestions to you based on the keyword and advertising information that you enter for your site.
You also get to set up several target options. This means that you may choose to target all countries, or you may prefer to select some specific ones. You can also select the languages that you are interested in, keywords that you do not wish to add to your search terms (if any), and so on. It is all very handy.
The next option available to you on the Google Keyword Planner is the choice to upload or enter your own list of keywords. If you do this, you will be shown details related to possible ads that can be run by your site based on the keywords you have chosen. This feature also gives you some important metrics and information including the estimated number of clicks, the average cost per click, and so on.
The last feature that you can choose is the Google Keyword Planner’s unique feature that allows you to multiply at least two keyword lists together to produce a list of fresh and unique keyword combination possibilities.
This essentially means that this is a tool that helps you find and discover brand new test keywords, based on a cross of two or more keyword lists that you are interested in. In addition, this feature also provides you with historical or traffic forecasts for your fresh list of keyword combinations.
With the calibre of company that Google is and the trust that it has built into its brand name over the years, it is natural to expect nothing short of clean awesomeness from the Google Keyword Planner tool. And they do not disappoint. Here are some of the several benefits that you stand to gain from choosing to use the Google Adwords Keyword Planner:
- Free Service: First of all, here is a free service from a trusted internet company. All that is required of you is a Gmail account.
- Data Accuracy: One of the major benefits of using a keyword research tool provided by Google itself is that the data is as accurate as it gets, no less. The data is pulled straight off their servers.
- Ease of usage: Keyword research and the creation of suitable online marketing and SEO strategies are no easy tasks. They require thorough analysis and perception of the target market to succeed, and so the fact that Google Keyword Planner is so easy to use is nothing short of a blessing. The interface is clean and user-friendly. The way all the features, such as keyword suggestion, traffic estimation and others synchronize to create a cohesive environment is simply beautiful. The straightforward nature of the interface makes the addition of new ad groups quite an effortless process.
- Helpful Customer Support: Google has a well-developed and experienced support team that is willing to help you resolve any issues that you may be facing with Google Keyword Planner. If you do run into any problems while using this tool, do not hesitate to put a call through to Google’s customer support. Yes, Google offers you free customer support via phone.
- Ease of Data Exportation: Google Keyword Planner allows the easy and quick exportation of data by either downloading the entire keyword list, or selecting specific keyword phrases to export as a custom list in Excel format. This feature is a very convenient way to save keyword lists for further analysis in future.
- Unique Multiply keywords Tool: This is one of the features that is very unique to Google Keyword Planner. This feature multiplies your keyword lists by crossing them with one another. Basically, this means that it combines at least two of your keyword lists and produces a list of fresh and unique phrases. This tool could be very useful in helping you discover and test new keywords for your SEO strategy.
- Hundreds of Potential Keyword Alternatives: Here is another feature that users will be sure to appreciate about Google Keyword Planner. The keyword research tool offers several alternatives to any keywords or key phrases inputted by a user. Beyond this, the alternatives offered by Google Keyword Planner are all viable and full of ranking potential and opportunities.
- Filters: Pulling a huge list of keywords and key phrases to analyse can be a very overwhelming task. And so Google Keyword Planner allows the inclusion or exclusion of specific words from your project. Additionally, the tool lets you filter by location down to the city level, as well as by language.
As awesome as the Google Keyword Planner is, there are still a couple of drawbacks. One of these would be that it does not provide a negative keyword list.
Secondly, Google Keyword Planner does not suggest long term keywords for most categories. Another challenge is that there is no option for checking the density of keywords on this tool.
Finally, unlike most paid keyword research tools, Google Keyword Planner provides no extensive traffic analysis, backlink breakdown or comprehensive website reports.
Google Keyword Planner is about the most robust free keyword research tool that you could use to boost your online advertising and marketing campaigns. It is user-friendly and produces hundreds of potential target keyword phrase alternatives.
It also possesses a unique feature for multiplying keywords form different lists, which opens you to even more keyword and key phrase possibilities. There are so many more brilliant features all aimed at making your keyword research easier and more productive.
Being one of the biggest, most successful and most trusted companies of all time, it is really not that much of a shocker that its keyword research tool is this great. It is also suitable for all categories of businesses and companies.
The fact that it is completely free already puts it ahead of most other similar tools, at least in that respect. If you are serious about your online advertising or marketing campaigns, then you should really check out the Google Adwords Keyword Planner tool. After all, it is totally free and you have nothing to lose.